This project is in the process of moving to:
Source is migrated to there, and we will move issues and content over the coming weeks.
Fork of the Anthem.NET project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/anthem-dot-net/), a "a free, cross-browser AJAX toolkit for the ASP.NET development environment."
Essentially I've been aware that the Anthem.NET project over on Sourceforge has been stalled for several years now and I would like to do my best (with help from anyone willing) to bring this brilliant project back to life and up to date to modern .NET
Existing goals of the Anthem.NET project:
New goals of Anthem-nxt:
- To be as simple a drop in replacement for standard web forms ASP.NET as possible, to allow developers to quickly convert an application to AJAX.
- Simple to install into a project
- Transparent to use, discoverable API
- Be extremely cross-platform compatible.
How to join
- To refactor the code so that compatibility for .NET 1.1 is dropped. I believe it is time for this to happen and it makes the codebase much more complicated than it need be.
- Overhaul of the exception handling code so that the standard application events in ASP.NET are used.
- Integrate bugfixes that both myself and the community have come up with since the last maintainence release.
jQuery plugin and using its AJAX capabilities.
- Improve documentation and introduce unit testing.
Generally, the easiest way to help out:
- Download the latest source code.
- Make local changes.
- Send us a copy of the file(s) and change(s) made, along with an explanation (i.e. a "patch").
- We'll review the changes and integrate them with CodePlex.
Once we're comfortable working together and we get to see the type and quality of the work you do, we'll make you a developer so you can check-in changes to CodePlex directly.
Any input is very much welcome.